- 1 Cup sprouted chana, (Boiled)
- 1/2 tsp Garam masala
- 5 Curry leaves
- 1/4 tsp Crushed cumin seeds
- 5 cloves - Minced garlic
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 2 tbsp Oil
- Salt to taste
- 1/2 Cup fresh coconut, grated
- 8 Green chilies
- 1 Small bunch coriander
Pre – Preparation:
- Soak the chana overnight or for 4-5 hours, steam it for 15 minutes.
- Grind coconut, coriander leaves and green chillies to make a paste.
- In a large frying pan, heat 2 tbsp oil.
- Add crushed cumin seeds, crushed garlic and curry leaves.
- Add prepared paste to it and simmer for 3 – 4 minutes on medium flame.
- Add water to it and bring it to boil.
- Then add boiled chana, garam masala, salt and lemon juice to it and cook it for about 15 - 20 minutes, stir it occasionally.
- Simmer until chanas turn soft and oil starts separating.
- Once done, switch off the flame and Garnish Chana Usal with chopped Coriander and onions.